FRENCH

Showing all 7 results

FRENCH – JEWELRY BOX, CIRCA 1903

JEWELRY BOX, CIRCA 1903
Wood, engraved copper and embossed leather decorated with horse chestnuts
Bearing the monogram M D G (attributed to Miss Denise Germain)
30 cm. high
Base: 40 cm. long; 24 cm. wide

Bibliography
Prince Bojidar Karageorgevitch mentions Denise Germain in Les objets d’art au Salon des artistes français, l’Art Décoratif, June 1903, page 28, “Un grand sous-main teinté de vert, un coffret gris décoré de feuilles de marronnier”

FRENCH – PITCHER, CIRCA 1900

PITCHER, CIRCA 1900

Important pitcher in green marble, decorated with falling algae on its shoulders, brown patinated bronze mount, embellished with aquatic plants

30 cm. high

FRENCH – TRAY, CIRCA 1900

TRAY, CIRCA 1900
Design in repoussé leather of a woman’s head, arums and water lilies heightened with beige
Bearing the monogram BC
24 x 35 cm.

FRENCH – CHAMPAGNE GLASS, CIRCA 1900

CHAMPAGNE GLASS, CIRCA 1900
Silver and clear glass with a design of foliage
With French Minerva mark and bearing the inscription:
A . F .
20 Octobre 1826
20 Octobre 1906
12 cm. high
9.5 cm. diameter

FRENCH – PAIR OF BALUSTER VASES, CIRCA 1870

PAIR OF BALUSTER VASES, CIRCA 1870
Porcelain green celadon with crackled background. The neck is decorated with two little handles
The mount in gilt bronze with a design of garland wreath; bronze base
Bearing the original label: Maison Alph. GIROUX, F. DUVINAGE et A. HARINKOUK Fournisseur de LL MM l’Empereur et l’Impératrice…
70 cm. high
28 cm. wide
24 cm. deep

FRENCH – LOUIS MAJORELLE – “FEMME AUX IRIS”, A PAIR OF WALL SCONCES DESIGNED FOR THE RESTAURANT LUCAS CARTON, CIRCA 1902

“FEMME AUX IRIS”, A PAIR OF WALL SCONCES DESIGNED FOR THE RESTAURANT LUCAS CARTON, CIRCA 1902
Gilt and chased bronze, the petals of the iris in hammered copper
96.5 cm. high
39.5 cm. wide

Lucas Carton is one of the first gourmet restaurants in Paris. Located on the prestigious Place de la Madeleine,
it is famous for its exceptional Art Nouveau interior designed by Louis Majorelle at the turn of the 20th century

The pair of appliques we are offering was acquired from the Benedict Silverman Collection, New York

Bibliography
Fin de siècle masterpieces from the Silverman collection, New York, 1989, one wall-light illustrated p. 180, n. 90

EXCEPTIONAL AND RARE RELIGIOUS ALTARPIECE, CIRCA 1902-1910

EXCEPTIONAL AND RARE RELIGIOUS ALTARPIECE, CIRCA 1902-1910
Koloman Moser (attributed to).

Featuring a temple with the Christ on the cross and two angels in marquetry of macassar ebony,
incrustation of mother-of-pearl, copper and ivory
The lower part is represented by a pattern design of cubes in marquetry
Inscribed IHS (iota-eta-sigma) or (Iesus Hominum Salvator)
55 cm. high
36 cm. wide
25.5 cm. deep

Probably executed by Koloman Moser for one of the many churches designed and built by himself
between 1902 and 1910. We can unmistakably combine the design and technique of marquetry
which combines the inlaying of ivory, copper, mother-of-pearl and exotic wood with the secretary
made in 1902 by Koloman Moser at Charlottenlund Castle near Stockholm
The stylization of the letters IHS corresponds to the work and research on the lettering and
words that occupied Koloman Moser throughout his career